Backwoods Blogging

Keeping in the loop of new designs.

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The World of Blogging!

This blogging stuff is new to me, but I'm gonna give it a shot. I'm not sure who will read it, but who knows?  Since we have started doing custom picture framing, I have learned a ton. I had never had a picture framed. If something was an off size that I couldn't buy a ready made frame for, it got stuck in a corner and forgotten. I thought custom framing was for rich people, not people like me.


 Then I started learning how to do it. I took lessons from an experienced framer, and took a class at TCMoulding, and learned that I had alot to learn. As in anything else, you learn something new with every project. I was a bit surprised to realize how much I love it! I always thought I didn't have a creative bone in my body, but again, I'm proving myself wrong! My frame/mat designs are turning out beautifully! It's so much fun to pick out different combination, and decide what looks best. I can't wait for the next project to come thru the door.

And guess what..custom framing isn't just for rich people. Anyone can have something framed. You can spend as much or as little as you want. We pick out different combination s, and  see what comes up. I can give quotes on the spot, always without obligation.

I'm gonna try, in these blogs, to answer some of the questions I know I had about custom framing. Hopefully, anyone taking the time to read this, will find something of use.

Till next time..Luann @Backwoods
                      www.backwoodscustomframing.com

No comments:

Post a Comment